Assess the feasibility of transboundary conservation in your region by using a new diagnostic tool developed for transboundary conservation planners.
Explore the tool here.
1) International Conference on Conservation and Peaceful Use of the Korean DMZ, Korea National Parks Service, Goseong, South Korea, 11-13 November 2010. Programme is available at: http://2010dmz.paforum.or.kr/main/program.html.
Download the Conference Proceedings and Framework for Action
2) 17th Science Symposium: Transboundary Conservation Areas, Biodiversity Conservation and Peace Parks, GBIF, Suwon, South Korea, 12-15 October 2010. Programme is available at: http://www.gbif.org/communications/news-and-events/gbif-symposia-and-workshops/gbif-annual-science-symposium/#c1903.
3) Workshop: European Protected Areas and UNESCO Designations, Italian National Research Council, Rome, Italy, 28 September 2010. Presentations are available at: http://www.isgi.cnr.it/.
4) International Conference on Biodiversity Conservation in Transboundary Tropical Forests, ITTO, Quito, Ecuador, 21-24 July 2010. Presentations are available at: http://www.fnatura.org/documentos/conferencia_2/c_i_bosques.php.
5) International Conference on Transboundary Cooperation in the Dinaric Arc, IUCN-SNV-WWF, Čapljina, Bosnia and Herzegovina, 29 June-1 July 2010. Presentations are available at: http://www.dinaricarc.net/presentations.html.
6) IUCN 3rd World Conservation Congress, 2004, Bangkok, Thailand
- Transboundary Conservation: Knowledge Networks and Good Governance by Trevor Sandwith view
- Organizational Dynamics of Transboundary Collaboration: Leading Efforts in Large Systems Change by John Griffin view
- A Proposed Typology of Transboundary Conservation and Development Initiatives by Leo Braack view
- Transboundary Knowledge Networking by Charles Besançon view
- Implementing Transboundary Conservation Through Networking and Capacity Development by Werner Myburgh view
- Nomination of Large Scale Physiographic and Cultural Phenomena as Serial World Heritage Routes: The Great Rift Valley (GRV) by Yoav Sagi view
7) IUCN Vth World Parks Congress, 2003, Durban, South Africa
- Keynote Presentation: Transboundary Protected Areas As A Vehicle For Peaceful Co-Operation by Gerardo Budowski view
- Impacts of Transboundary Protected Areas on Local Communities in Three Southern African Initiatives by Simon Metcalfe view
- Promoting Conflict Sensitivity in Transboundary Protected Areas: A Role For Peace And Conflict Impact Assessments by Anne Hammill and Charles Besancon view
- Evaluating Transboundary Protected Areas: Achieving Biodiversity Targets by Belinda Reyers view
- The Effort Of The Private Sector In The Protection Of Transboundary Areas: The "El Corbalán-Cañada El Carmen" Private Transboundary Conservation Area Between Bolivia And Paraguay by Gerardo Budowski, Celeste Acevedo, Sheila Abed, Jorge Pinazzo, Patricia Abed, Rodrigo Ayala, Cecilia Cortez and Verónica Sanjinés view
- Cordillera del Condor (Peru-Ecuador) by Carlos F. Ponce and Fernando Ghersi view
- Transboundary parks ...following nature's design by Eva Pongratz LAUNCH view
- Siachen Peace Park: a case study for the valorisation of high mountain ecosystems by Giuliano Tallone view
- Legal and Institutional Implications of Systemic Planning and Management of Transboundary Protected Areas - a comparative analysis of case studies from the Italian Development Cooperation by Gianfranco Tamburelli and Alfredo Guillet view
- Transfrontier conservation areas: conservation and socio-economic impact indicators by Helen Suich, et al. view
- Peace Parks in the Balkans - Prokletije, Sar-planina by Srdjan Marincic view
- The Potential for a Transboundary Protected Area in the Kanchanjungha Region of the Eastern Himalayas by Krishna Prasad Oli view
- Transboundary Protected Area governance: tensions and paradoxes by William Wolmer view
- Download a set of all the above papers from the Transboundary Governance session at the World Parks Congress WinZip archive
8) Transboundary Peace Climb
Read the statement from the Peace Climb participants at the Mountain Workshop held prior to the 2003 World Parks Congress in the Maloti-Drakensberg mountains at the border of Lesotho and South Africa.
9) A Meeting of the Minds
An International Tropical Timber Organization/World Conservation Union paper summarizing the findings of the International Workshop on Increasing the Effectiveness of Transboundary Conservation Areas in Tropical Forests, held 17–21 February 2003 in Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand (444 KB)